Wednesday 2 March 2011

Illustration Friday - Swarm




























My illustration for this week's topic 'Swarm' developed naturally over an afternoon of painting and doodling with my two nieces.

The session started fairly clean and tidy with just me and my ten year old niece 'being very sensible'. My three year old niece wanted to join in the fun, and things soon became a bit messy! The finger painting came out to play - yellow dots everywhere! The genius in me decided to turn these exciting yellow dots into BEES. This humoured the little one in particular :)

Hope you enjoy them as much as we did our finger painting session!

6 comments:

  1. Love your bees! Such an adorable swarm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If real bees were this cute, nobody would be scared of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! So bright and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea. Painting often becomes finger painting, then hand painting and then a big brown mess in our house!

    ReplyDelete