Saturday 27 June 2015

Hiccups! proofs are in..!

Photo of the Hiccups! proofs
Hurrah!! They are in!

I was very happy to recently receive the colour proofs for my next picture book with Frances Lincoln. The title of this book is 'Hiccups!', and it is the very first book where I am both the author and illustrator... eek!!

This little story was inspired by two special people and two special dogs in my life... My niece May and her dog Max, and my bestie Beth and her dog Osca.

Without giving too much away, the story follows the two main characters who are working through a rather irritating/tricky issue together. As inspired be the relationship between May and Max, and Beth and Osca, it's all about the strong bond between the two of them... and you can find out a little more when it comes out in Spring 2016...

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover - the classic Sterling look! And the wee dog has such expressive ears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Thanks Margaret! Pleased to hear that you like it x

      Delete